Each of the Transitions sober home residences provide comfortable and safe accommodations. Residents are afforded a degree of personal freedom and comfort in order to begin rebuilding their lives in recovery while strongly encouraged to get involved in the vibrant local recovery community.
The majority of our sober house residents have completed an inpatient or intensive outpatient treatment program and have at least 30-days of sobriety. Residents are supported by Transitions staff in order to continue cultivating the recovery tools learned in primary treatment. Every resident is expected to:
- attend a minimum of 3 recovery meetings per week outside of the house,
- obtain an AA/NA sponsor, and
- be productive (school, work, volunteer, outpatient/day treatment) with their time for at least 32 hours per week.
- complete and maintain an assigned house chore and kitchen duty.
Amenities in each of the residences include:
- Live-in resident manager to ensure safety and help facilitate the recovery process
- Weekly house meetings that serve to enhance the community of recovery
- Individual private bedrooms
- Wireless internet and cable access throughout the house
- Free in-house laundry
- Large common areas